Seniors Safety Line

Toll-free: 1-866-299-1011

24/7 150 languages

Get Help

Support Services


CMHA Kawartha Haliburton Pine Ridge

705-748-6711   •   1-888-454-8875

Harrison House is a transitional, eight bed, co-ed rehabilitative housing program

for individuals with a diagnosed mental illness. Rental agreements are time   limited (usually about two years) and geared toward the goal of eventual independent living.


Community Counselling and Resource Centre - Housing Resource Centre


Range of services to assist with securing and maintaining affordable, decent housing.


Niijkiwendidaa Anishnaabekwewag Services Circle

705-741-0900   •   1-800-663-2696

Transitional and housing support for Aboriginal Women and their families.


Peterborough Housing Access


Provides applications for rent geared-to-income housing in Peterborough City and

County with special priority consideration to those whom are victims of abuse




Applewood Retirement Residence

(705) 749-1500

vacation relief/respite care; fees for service;


Home and Community Care - Central East Local Health Integration Network – Peterborough Branch

705-743-2212, TTY 705-743-7939

Manages admissions to all Long-Term Care Homes; Short Stay Program arranges

for temporary care in Long-Term Care Homes for persons whose family caregiver

is going on vacation or needs respite


Royal Gardens Retirement Residence


short-term respite and convalescence stays also available; fees for service


Rubidge Retirement Residence


short stay and convalescence stays; ages 55 and up; fees for service


Peterborough Retirement Residence


Vacation relief/respite care available; fees for service


Retirement Home Regulatory Authority...

1-855-ASK-RHRA (275-7472)

Responsible for inspecting retirement homes, overseeing compliance with the

regulations and care standards and enforcing the Act for the protection of residents.


If you see or suspect: Harm or risk of harm to a resident resulting from:

Improper or incompetent treatment or care; Abuse of a resident by anyone or

neglect of a resident by staff of the retirement home; Unlawful conduct; Misuse

or misappropriation of a resident’s money…You must report to the Registrar

of the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, along with any other relevant





Central East Local Health Integration Network – Home and

Community Care

705-743-2212  1-800-263-3877

Manages admissions to all Long-Term Care Homes and determines client's eligibility

for admission as prescribed in provincial legislation and processes applications to

long-term care homes for those who are eligible. The Short Stay Program arranges

for temporary care in Long-Term Care Homes for persons whose family caregiver is

going on vacation.


Long-Term Care ACTION-Line – Ontario Ministry of Health and

Long-Term Care


Contact for information, a concern or to register a complaint about a long-term care

home. Open from 8:30 am–7 pm, 7 days/wk.